Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Simply magical...




I have always loved Christmas. It's such a special time of year. So many of my favorite memories revolve around the Christmas season and everything it brings. So far this year has not disappointed. In fact, having a three year old to share it with has only increased the Christmas magic around our house and we are loving it!

Those of you that know me know that I love to let Sophia help me and be "hands on" with many of our daily projects. At times it means lots of patience and things may not always turn out the way I would have expected, but the joy and pride she has in our creations makes it completely worth it! This year Christmas decorating took on a whole new meaning. I wish I could have captured her face each time she opened a box that Kris brought from the attic. We heard things such as "Oh cute...I really like this...Baby Jesus, daddy...Mommy, look at this snowman, can I put him on my bed?...Ooooo, I better be careful...Santa Claus and he sings pretty songs!...etc." The facial expressions on their own were magical!

Her face lights up when we plug in the lights to the tree and her "Elf On The Shelf" has been moving all around the living room/kitchen watching her so that it can report to Santa if she has been good or bad each day. There are the expressions of Joy when she sees Santa (the inflatable ones) when we are out somewhere. She frantically waves to hollar to him "Hey Santa, I've been good, please bring me some presents."

The most amazing part is how pure her excitement is for this time of the year. While so many of us run around looking for gifts, or trying to determine menus, she is running around simply capturing the beauty. She loves the Baby Jesus sitting on our entertainment center, she sees the beauty in five ornaments being placed on one branch because they are the same kind and she thinks singing the first words to Jingle Bells over and over are just fine.

We are blessed to have her to remind us of so many of the things Christmas is all about! Sometimes looking at the world from a three year olds viewpoint is pretty magical in itself! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment