Friday, February 4, 2011

It's raining snow!

This morning at 6am I awoke to Sophia hollering "Momma come here a second." I knew with such cold and icy weather we would be able to take our time getting up so I went to her room, climbed in bed with her and told her to go back to sleep. However, our little princess was not having it. She did not want to get out of bed necessarily. She just wanted to know if it was raining. (She has been worried ever since our bad wind storm the other night about the bad things wind and rain can do.)

I told her it was not raining, but in an hour we would get up and look if it had snowed. And that's when it began....She sat up in bed turned her head, just as she does when she has a serious question to ask, and said "Momma it's raining snow???"

At that point, I was able to lay there with her a few more minutes before more questions began, "Momma I wanna see snow." So our adventure began and we s l o w l y got up, bundled up and went outside. Thankfully she had her brief time looking around and walking in the little accumulation of snow and was ready to run back inside! And that was just fine with me. I'll take the warm over the cold any day! I was, however, glad she was able to see it snow for her third straight year!





No comments:

Post a Comment