Friday, September 9, 2011

I'm a Big Girl Now!

I dreaded the first day I was going to be forced to drop our baby girl off in the car line at school. I could only imagine the tears, and sad face I would drive off to. For this reason, I was so happy when the teacher told us the first day that we could continue to walk in with the kiddos for a while.

And then came this morning...We drive up to our usual parking spot...I unbuckle her seat belt so we could get out...and she looks at me and says, "Momma, I am a big girl now. Big girls go to the car line. You don't need to walk in with me. I can do it by myself!"

She was so happy with her self acclaimed "Big Girl Status," but this pregnant momma was not ready to let go of that hand so quickly. However, I knew that this was a much better way to begin our "drop offs" then the tearful alternatives and so she got back in the carseat and we proceeded to the carline! She quickly jumped out and waved goodbye.

Don't get me wrong, I was proud...a little sad, but proud. She has had a huge week (including mailing her nightime pacifier to the mailman for other babies :) )! It's just crazy how fast she is growing up, but I am stil enjoying EVERY minute!

No comments:

Post a Comment