Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Half Way There!

Not only was this week our big ultrasound of the baby, but it also marked the half way point of my pregnancy! Our baby boy now weighs over half a pound and is kicking away! I have felt him move and kick for several weeks, but this week the activity has definitely picked up. Although, I still think Sophia moved even more at this point.

At our doctor's appointment, he was measuring almost a week ahead of where my original due date (2-22-11) puts him and my doctor (who we absolutely love) has already said the chances of making it until the end of February are getting slimmer. Since I was only a little over 37 weeks along when Sophia was born, there is a higher probability that I will have this baby earlier as well. The guess right now is that we are looking at closer to the beginning of February to welcome him!

I am sure by then I will be ready. We have a TON of things to do before then. We will soon begin turning Sophia's playroom into a nursery. We have started moving some things over to her room to make the process a gradual one. As much as we want to jump right in on the conversions, I know that slow is better for her. We want her to feel like there is a special reason for all of the changes and we are not just taking over "her space."

Sophia's excited about having a little brother. She is really starting to understand that mommy's tummy is getting bigger and at night she normally gives the baby a "goodnight kiss" before bed. I know it will be a HUGE adjustment, but with time she will be a GREAT big sister. Exciting times for us and her :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment