Thursday, August 11, 2011

Time Marches On

I'm not going to lie, I shed a tear (or two) as I walked out of First Baptist last week. Chalk it up to me just being oversensitive at times or even pregnancy hormones, but when I walked into drop Sophia off they told me to make sure I picked up her "school packet." School packet...what? You mean the little 7 lb 3 oz baby we brought home just a little over two and half years ago will now be in a structured pre-school class? Where's the button to stop time when you need it?

Deep down, I am excited, but I have already told Kris he needs to stock up on the kleenex in a few years when I get the "kindergarten packet." It's SO hard to believe how fast time has gone! This year we will learn colors, numbers, work on fine and gross motor skills, etc... Believe me I read through the packet to make sure we knew what "our" expectations would be for the coming year!

And Thursday, we will "Meet The Teacher." Thankfully, I can rest a little easier knowing she will be with many of her summer friends that she has made! Well, that is if I get through the fact that I no longer will walk into school hand in hand with my baby, but be required to drop her off in the car line and wave good bye....maybe I should just add a box of kleenex to our school supplies list this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment